Windows Phone 8 support

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if you're working on supporting the Windows Phone 8 SDK. Currently there seems to be an issue with using AppBarUtils in a Windows Phone 8 project due to its usage of the Blend Interactivity stuff.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Hi RajenK,

Yes, there'll be an update for Windows Phone SDK 8.0 in the next release. Currently as a workaround you can download and upgrade the source to 8.0, replace the Blend Interactivity dll to the latest 8.0 one (this version connection is what causes the issue), rebuild and use it in your 8.0 app.

Let me know if you still have issue.

Thanks/Allen

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Hi RajenK,

I've just published the WP SDK 8.0 verson of AppBarUtils at http://appbarutils.codeplex.com/releases/view/97492. Feel free to try it in your Windows Phone 8 project and drop me a comment if you have any issue.

Thanks/Allen

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Hi Allen,

Great, that works like a charm. Feel free to update the NuGet package so I don't have to include the library separately :)

Thanks,
Rajen

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Hi RajenK,

I've already updated the NuGet package so that you can add reference to it right within Visual Studio. Also the code, lib and demo, has already been published in codeplex, as well as a couple of demo videos in multiple languages which you can find in the home page :)

Thanks/Allen